Sunday, March 13, 2011

ANOTHER DOG!

So we are sitting at the boys lessons on Thursday night at Stargazer ranch, they have an indoor arena, anyhow we are sitting there and this sweet lab pup comes in and adopts us.  I've never seen a lab pup so calm.  She played with the boys, everytime they fell down, or slid down a mud hill or pile of horse poop (which they seem think is great fun) she was there instantly to lick their faces.  I asked around there  but noone knew where she came from, they all said she appeared at the same time we did and they thought she was ours.  She has a collar but no tags She is clean, smells like she came straight from the groomers, and well cared for so I'm certain someone is missing her but since Stargazer is on a very busy road and she is already limping we, mostly R, thought we'd take her and find her owner, to be honest I thought for sure I'd post the ad as soon as we got home on Thurs night and she'd be gone by the time I got home from work on Friday.  Today is Sunday and she is still here, despite posting her a couple of times.  She is super sweet and mellow, hasn't chewed anything yet but isn't housebroken either, but she is catching on quickly.  She loves the boys and I usually find her asleep somewhere near R.  R named her Star.  I'm worried, the longer we keep her the more attached everyone gets which will make it that much harder when her owner comes for her.  For now we'll just enjoy her and teach her some manners and then we'll see.

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

YAY, another dog! I hope you get to keep him forever. I love your Idaho life! Horses and dogs and country sound dreamy! (: