Monday, October 20, 2008

The second annual Buckeye 1st ward campout

We had our ward campout last weekend. We went out to Tonopah to Saddleback Mountain. It was a great turnout and we had a great time. The boys were filthy and exhausted by the end of the night. We stayed only for the fire program on Friday night since the boys had an early football game on Saturday and then we had a party to go after that. I decided camping was too much to cram into one weekend. Jake ate at least 4 hot dogs, AJ had 3. I couldn't believe it. Of course they ate their fill of cookies and brownies after that. Even Levi had a great time crawlingaround in the dirt. Caleb ate his fill and disappeared with Jake and the older boys. The highlight was finding a live tarantula in the desert. If I had been planning on camping, that would have changed my mind. I can live with the coyotes, they stay outside of the tent, tarantulas... I'm not so sure about.

No comments: