Friday, November 28, 2008

THANKFUL FOR MY BLESSINGS

So after my turkey/ham coma wore off I started thinking about all of the things I have to be thankful for. I am thankful for the gospel in my life and for the many people in my life who have been such wonderful influences on me. I am thankful for the atonement and the spirit that gives me the strength to keep going when I have no more of my own. I am thankful for answered prayers. I am thankful for Ryan who gives 150% everyday to provide for us, like now when he is getting ready to go to work an extra shift because hospitals are cuttting back on OT nowadays and he takes whatever he can get. I am thankful for my children that teach me so much everyday and push me to my limit pretty much everyday. I am thankful for the hilarious things they say and their total innocence. I am thankful for their candid comments that keep me honest. I am thankful for my good friends like Melanie who has stood by me for 20 years, can you believe it? She also gave me the best turkey recipe ever, man was it good and juicy! I am thankful for a great thanksgiving that started at 5 am and the good friends, some old and some new that shared it with us. I am thankful for the food we ate and that somehow it was all ready and actually pretty good, on time. I am thankful for my parents who taught me how to be a grown up, most of the time. I am thankful for everyday I wake up to my family. I am thankful to live in a country where I can say what I think and do what I want and for everyman and woman who sacrificed so much so that I could. I am thankful for more blessings than I can possibly list.

No comments: