Thursday, January 14, 2010

OUR LITTLE ENTEPRENEURS



Have I mentioned how much I love Jake and Caleb's school this year!? I'm certain I have but anyhow... Today the 3rd grade had a "shopping day". All of the 3rd grade students decided on a service or product to sell to their fellow students. Each classroom was set up as a store and each student was given $3 play money to spend on whatever they wanted. At the end they were to count up their gross profit and figure their net profit and figure out what went well and what didn't and why. They are learning math and free enterprise in the 3rd grade! I love it. More importantly the kids loved it and get this... LEARNED!!! So Jake came home today and decided to set up a face painting/ lemonade stand in front of the house. Thanks to some awesome neighbors and a high traffic location, they made $5, but Caleb lost one and doesn't know where. They were so excited and our awesome neighbors stopped for "curbside service" lemonades and some went home and came back for good sport face painting and lemonade. Their biggest customers, teenagers that were cool enough to humor these darling boys. As you can see, the practiced the fine art of face painting on each other. I know I'm biased but tell me these aren't the cutest kids in the world!

1 comment:

Amber Miskin said...

That's awesome Jen! I would have loved to see that!