Sunday, February 27, 2011

WINTER ROUND II


So... I woke up on Thursday morning to snow coming down, great for R and J who were going together on a school ski trip. Not so great for me who  had errands to run all day and several appointments.  Luckily for me it stopped around 9 and slowly through the day disappeared, in town at least. R said they got 8 inches fresh powder on the mountain during the day. That night C prayed for more snow so he could go snowboarding the next day.  Friday morning I woke up to this...


C came running down the stairs yelling," Heavenly Father answered my prayer, it's snowing!" It kept snowing and snowing all day and according to the weather reports, it's supposed to stick around.
Now it's very pretty, I'll grant you that , until you have to drive in it.  Since  we live out of town limits our roads don't get plowed.  The county comes and sprinkles some cinders/sand at the intersections but that's about it.
The boys are having a grand time sledding and snow boarding on the hill on the other side of our driveway and it's providing some peace and quiet in the house and thankfully R is keeping the fires going, he is quite a pro at it thankfully so we are toasty warm, as long as we stay in the house.  Be that as it may... I want spring!  I've had enough!  The robins are back and that means spring is here! So weather consider this your noticification... Your time is up, I'll see you next year.  It's time for warmer weather. 
BTW, I told C if he prays for more snow before December he's grounded!

1 comment:

Tami G. said...

Ha ha ha! My funny little Caleb - I miss him! You guys live in heaven. Glad you're staying toasty warm :)