Sunday, June 12, 2011

SUMMER FUN (FROM THE BEGINNING, SORT OF)


One of the great things about the summer here is having all my kids home to do fun stuff with.  Another great thing is having good friends who are equally fun and adventurous so we get to go on lots of outings.  R is fond of saying that I am glutton for punishment because I choose to take all the kids out on outings rather than spend the summer in the house.  What he is only starting to understand is that 4 boys in the house, bored all summer are infinitely more difficult to handle than 4 boys out in public entertained.  So that being said when my good friend Darice suggested a playdate at the splashpad with not just ours but lots of our other friends we were of course going!  The weather was awesome and I'm certain that I speak for all of us when I say a good time was had by all.Caleb spent most of his time shooting people, his fave target was  of course me.


There is even a playground close by so they could pick their fave place to play or just go to warm up for a few minutes.

AJ and Levi loved the "rainbow tunnel" and I have to admit, it was my fave way to cool off during the day also.

There's J with his signature indignant glare, that is really not serious at all but usually precedes a punch for teasing him.  What a great day despite the sunburn I got for not wearing enough sunscreen on my shoulders and AJ's goofy one on his shoulders where I also didn't get enough sunscreen.

1 comment:

Darice said...

So much fun! I'm glad we did this!