Friday, July 18, 2008

Chores

So, Ryan and I decided that the boys need to be more responsible about helping out. Mostly we decided because we got tired of the complaining when we asked them to do anything. So... they have to feed and brush their dogs daily. They have to clean the bathrooms weekly and make their beds daily. They also learned that complaining about the chores or being bored results in more chores. It's amazing how fast the complaining stopped. They are actually doing a good job. I have to share a funny experience. Caleb, after finishing his chores on Saturday said to me, "Mom what is that thing you get every week when you do your work? That thing that we don't get." I answered him "Allowance?" and he said " Oh yeah, allowance. Can we get that now? And I mean alot!" He is quite the bargainer my Caleb. How can you say no to that? They get a dollar a week now for a week of completed chores. He wasn't quite satisfied with that but agreed to revisit the matter after a trial period to make sure he is doing them faithfully and discuss a raise then.

1 comment:

Darice said...

Sounds just like Caleb!