Monday, July 7, 2008

Like Father Like Son

So, I know it's an old adage but it's so true. Our children learn what we teach them, and all too often, they learn what from what we do not what we say. Like below, Ryan wears goggles so the boys wear goggles. Caleb sleeps in his underwear now. He said to me, "Mom, know why I sleep in my underwear? I'm hot blooded like Dad." Today Jake was tattling about Caleb gargling his cereal milk. Caleb said, " She knows brother, She's not deaf!" I tried not to laugh but I felt a bit guilty. I'm sure I must have said that before, I can't remember but that's no big surprise, I can't remember yesterday. It was a graphic reminder to me to speak more kindly and with more patience. I pray daily and on some days almost constantly for patience and strength. I'm getting better and I feel like today was a better day. The boys weren't perfect but I feel like I handled it more Christlike. I'll keep praying.

1 comment:

Darice said...

Jen, I love your blog! I'm going to put a link on my blog so I remember to check it more. I sure am going to miss your boys now that we are not carpooling and all.