Wednesday, April 29, 2009

AJ is so serious


So, AJ is finally at the age that he can comprehend some manners and etiquette. As most any mother can attest, it's difficult to go to the bathroom without an audience and you can only hold it for so long. Our bathroom is jack and jill style so when I lock one door he runs around through our bedroom to the other one. There's nothing quite as exasperating as a kid crying at each door because they can't get in. Poking toes under the door can only entertain them for awhile. He finally gets that mommy needs privacy. Anyway AJ's vocabulary is expanding quickly but not always politically correct. So he locked me out of the bathroom then bellowed for me to "wipe my butt". I said, "I can't the door is locked, why did you lock the door?" He said, " I need my privates" I think that is my favorite AJ quote. He is also a great listener/mimic. My mom's line when the boys are misbehaving is "look at my face, I'm not smiling, I'm not laughing." Last week Levi was doing something AJ didn't want him to do, I missed what since I was making lunch in the kitchen at the time. I walked into the room in time to hear AJ say to Levi, "no no Levi, look at me face, I no smiling, I no laughing." After I managed to not laugh at his completely serious chastisement I thought to be ecstatic that he wasn't beating him up like usual. He is such a joy and I love them all so much. I make sure to comment on his loving behavior to his brother and tell him what a good brother he is, yesterday he told Levi, " your such a good brother Levi". At least when he is reminding me of what I do wrong he still reminds me what I do right. Besides his darling personality, how do you not love his fashion sense?

No comments: