Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Easter Flashback

Easter so fun. Not just Sunday but the days leading up to it also. On Thursday we went to the Easter Pagaent at the Mesa Temple. We made an afternoon of it and picked up the boys early from school. We headed out to Mesa and had lunch at Organ Stop Pizza. I had never been there but Ryan took the boys last year for Caleb's b-day and they loved it so I was excited to go. It was awesome. That guy, the organ player, is amazingly talented. I don't covet things but I think I am guilty of coveting talents and his is incredible and awe inspiring. We got to the temple at about 5:30 and got great seats, the best I've ever had. I was super prepared and brought snacks, games, blankets, sweatshirts, drinks the whole smash. That kept everyone happy until the pagaent started at 8. Levi got fussy at bedtime but went to sleep and slept through the whole thing. AJ went to sleep soon after it started and stayed that way. Luke went with us and enjoyed it. There didn't seem to be as many protesters as there has been in years past. Friday the boys were off school and we hung out and went to bagels and Carson spent the night Friday night. They stayed up until way too late but I expected them to and as long as they weren't too loud in the room I didn't get upset which surprised Ryan. Saturday morning was the town Spring celebration and of course Easter Egg hunt, which the rain stopped just in time for. They got balloon animals and a ton of candy. I saw the cutest Easter basket bunny made from Milk jugs at Darice's house on Friday and so I copied it since there is never a shortage of milk jugs at our house. To give due credit, Lucy Watson made them for her primary class and since Morgan is in her class, I saw it at Darice's house. I got so many compliments on them and wanted to post the picture but, MOM HAS MY CAMERA!I will definitely do them again next year. I'm not a big fan of the cheapey baskets at Walmart that cost $20 dollars with toys that break the same day so I try to personalize them. I remember getting Easter baskets with clothes and a chocolate bunny every year when we were little so I try to do something similar. Anyway we did this before Ryan had to go to work and then after church we went to Mary's house for Easter Luncheon which is always great food and friends and laughs. After we left there we came home for the boys to hunt easter eggs but... the Easter bunny set off the alarm and didn't hide the eggs we left for him.ARRGHHH!!! So... Jake and Nana threw all of the eggs out for the little ones to find. Levi had a great time finding them. AJ went on a special hunt because he fell asleep on the way home from Mary and Dan's. So either way, we all had a great
Resurection Day!!!

2 comments:

Watson Family said...

I didn't realize you had a blog until somebody told me I had to come look at this post. You completely made my day! :) Total credit to my mom as she's taught me to use milk jugs (bunnies for Easter, and jack-o-lanterns and ghosts for Halloweeen) as it was something she did back as a school teacher long ago. We went private with our blog (due to adoption/ appeals court concerns back when) but friends, family and ward family are totally welcome. You, and your blog, are awesome!

Darice said...

Fun Easter morning! Bit early wasn't it? I seriously did NOT want to get out of bed!