Sunday, July 19, 2009

FAITH

I think I have strong faith but sometimes it's challenged. This was one of those weeks. It's not that this was a particularly difficult week or even the roughest I've had this month, just that when you feel like you are doing the right thing, sometimes it still doesn't go the way you expect it to and well... you know. So Ryan bought a truck 2 weeks ago tomorrow. It was a big deal for us since it's a lot of money for us, maybe not for others but for us it was. He looked at it on Friday and we prayed all weekend whether it was THE right truck. We both felt like it was. He bought it on Monday. On Tuesday it broke down. The readers digest version is we've now spent even more money we weren't counting on to fix the truck we thought was the right truck. Ryan has been very upset and even I, the optimistic one, have been having a difficult time. Until Thursday night. I decided to get over myself and realized that just because it seemed confusing doesn't mean we were wrong and I needed to be more faithful and less worried. On Friday morning things started happening and looking up to dip again on Saturday evening but up again today. It's amazing how the Lord knows what we need and when we have faith, everything works out somehow, usually because of other people in our lives and promptings followed. Again today, my faith is at full strength and I am humbled one more time.

1 comment:

The Vanny Bunch said...

Boy do I know what you mean! I have to remember that this life is a test and tests are not always easy but the more you study and work at it the better the results are in the end. If it frustrating and discouraging though to feel like you have done what is right then watch it not work out the way WE want it to. But everything is done in the Lord's time and way and it will all work out in the end. Thanks for posting this it helped me to stop feeling sorry for myself and remember that we all are tested with something. Love ya