Sunday, July 5, 2009

MORE SWIMMING





Jake and Caleb have done so well with the swim team this year and despite melting outside in the heat to support them at meets and practice, we will do it every year from now on. I loved it and they loved it AND it was so good for them! It's been really fun to watch them learn and get better. This video is from Jake's best finish, I'll let you decide, but to me it looks like a tie for first place. It was awesome to watch and he was so excited!!! Caleb is so proud of his first blue ribbon too!!!

They really want to do dive next year and have gotten very daring, Jake did a back flip off the diving board on Friday and does them often off the edge of the pool, much to Ryan's dismay. He is pretty good though so I'm pondering putting him in both swim and dive next summer. Their pediatrician chastised me for not putting sunscreen on them. I do but they are out in the sun so much that the are just brown and no amount of sunscreen is going to change that. We are so proud of them. They work so hard in everything they do and even though they aren't always the best, they give it their all everytime. What more could you ask for. I'm really excited to see how they swim next year with a year under their belts.

No comments: