Friday, August 14, 2009

Trace Adkins!!!


We listen to the radio ALOT. I much prefer the radio to the TV, probably because I can't stand still long enough to follow an entire tv show and the 30 second bits I catch as I walk through the room are pointless. Anyhow earlier this week while we were listening to KMLE they announced that Trace Adkins would be at Cabela's today for a couple of hours. I'm not one of those people who idolizes celebrities since I figure they are just normal people with no privacy. Anyhow, the boys got all excited about it and begged to go and see him. Caleb, "Mom, I've never met a country star, I really want to." Jake, " me too." Suffice to say I was not relishing the thought of standing in a line for who knows how long with 4 children to get an autograph, nevermind that it was around lunch time and nap time. That being said, we went anyway with the understanding that if they misbehaved, we would leave immediately. They didn't misbehave and we got to take a quick pic with him. He signed Jake's hat and a picture for us. I love that he makes me look small!

1 comment:

Darice said...

I bet it was a blast!! You're so much braver than me Jen and way more adventurous- I'm hoping some of those qualities will rub off on me!