Sunday, September 13, 2009

Another Sunday gone by


I guess I should catch up... Jake and Caleb started school and it's been crazy busy with the move and school and all but everything is starting to go back to normal again. Jake and Caleb love it at their new school. AJ asks everyday when we can go pick them up and never wants to wait for them, I think it's cute how much he misses them. It's amazing how much quieter it is without them home all day. I still don't feel like I get anything done though, I feel like I work all day but I'm spinning my wheels and don't see much progress. Oh well, I think I need to get organized again. Caleb gave a talk in Primary today, he did such a great job! AJ went to nursery without crying and kicking, he walked right in! I was so happy I could've danced a jig. Jake's teachers made a point of telling me how good he was in class, YEAH!!!! Levi goes into mine and Ryan's nursery so he is fine. I even got a nap today!!! Ryan didn't get much sleep and he is working tonight but it was almost a perfect day. Life is great! I love Sundays! It's amazing how following the commandment to keep the sabbath holy and make it a day of rest really makes a difference in my home and gives me the strength to do the daily grind the other 6 days of the week. Someone told me how they thought I was so good because I take the boys to church even when Ryan can't go. I must confess, I go because I need to go. If I don't go my week just doesn't go well AND I don't have the gumption to handle it either. When I do go I get my spiritual battery recharged and my week goes better and I feel better able to handle what comes at me and with 4 very boyish boys, I need all the help I can get. So I guess my point is it doesn't show how strong I am that I go, it shows how much I need to go.

1 comment:

Watson Family said...

I feel the same way about how church recharges our batteries.