Sunday, September 20, 2009

Another Week Gone By

Despite my best intentions it seems that my blogging has become a weekly endeavor instead of daily. Not a very good journal but better than nothing I suppose. I haven't decided if I should do many posts about all of the adventures this week or one long one but I'll start with my epiphany last night. I finally realized that all of the commotion recently has affected my boys more than I thought. They seemed to settle into the new routine smoothly, during their waking hours at least. Night time was a different story, they started having nightmares and other signs of stress that they didn't talk about during the day time. In isolated incidents it seemed like no big deal, it wasn't until last night that I realized there seemed to be ALOT of incidents recently, pretty much the last 2 weeks. DUH!!! I wanted to smack myself on the head with a huge Homer Simpson DOH! how could I have missed those signs! My only defense is that I have been so busy getting us settled into the house myself but since my family should and does come first, it really is no excuse at all. Anyway I decided that we needed a family outing, soon. Huge credit goes to my wonderful husband who took time off work and researched something we could do as a family! He is the best husband in the world!!! We talked to the boys today and they are so excited!!! I can't wait! Stay tuned for more details! Now it's my job to pay more attention to the big picture and not just what is in front of my face right then.

2 comments:

Barnes Family said...

Most of us are two caught up in the moment to take a step back and look, but thats what needs to be done. That is why you ask others(who you trust) for advise. Don't beat yourself up about it.

Kimmie said...

You're a great family, and I hope you guys have a great time on your family outing!