Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Empty Well

Ok so I know that I have heard it said many times that Moms need to take care of themselves or we aren't taking care of our family. I know that and I have always understood that but just the same when it comes to doing things for myself I feel guilty. My little ones don't understand and I feel guilty leaving them behind, especially if they are upset about it and they often are. I also hate coming home to "manland" which is Ryan's name for the mess I get to clean up when I come home to my 5 men. So... I rarely do anything for myself. I encourage Ryan to but I don't. I know, I'm a hypocrite. That being said...tomorrow I'm getting a pedicure. I need to be pampered. I need to refill my well. I guess I finally got it through my head that I need to do something for myself then I'll have more to draw from to give to the people in my life that need me. Here is where I feel like an idiot because I've been told so many times by so many people including Ryan and it's finally sinking in. My kids will be fine. The house will be fine and even Ryan will be fine. Truth be told, I'm not sure who to worry about more, the kids left with Ryan or Ryan left with the kids. I'm going to do it and I'm going to keep doing something(s) for myself to keep my well full.

1 comment:

bonnie said...

Good for you Jen, I tottaly agree, but I don't do much for me either, A pedicure sounds great, wish I was there we could go together. Enjoy your alone time, soak it all up.