Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving prep

Three dozen rolls made from scratch, four pumpkins to bake tomorrow for pies, seventeen yes that's 17 pie crusts made from scratch (it's a very large recipe), one large ham defrosting in the fridge and 6 pounds of bacon to cut and fry for green bean casserole, 15 pounds of potatoes to peel and boil and mash. Let's just stop there and don't get me started on the house! Thanksgiving is only 2 days away!!! I love the holiday season! I love cooking. I love family and friends coming to visit. I actually love a full house even when it's crazy and bustling, maybe it's the ER nurse in me, who knows but I love it. I can't wait to sit down to dinner with some of the people I love the most in the world!

1 comment:

Shantil said...

You are amazing to cook so much food! I can barely keep up with feeding my own family since cooking is NOT one of my hobbies in the least bit.