Tuesday, April 6, 2010

BLESSINGS

Yesterday I had my ablation. I have to admit that I had been pretty flippant about it until Luke put it bluntly when he said, "so they are going to boil your uterus?" That's pretty much it and then I realized, I probably shouldn't be so casual about it. I still figured the end would be worth it and hopefully it will be. Anyway it's done now. I had to premedicate and WOW! I don't take meds often so when I do, it hits me like a train. By the time we got to the office yesterday my body was heavy and walking was interesting to say the least. The procedure took what must have seemed like a long time to Ryan but since they gave me 2 shots after I got there, I was too stoned to notice or care. After a slight hitch with the equipment everything went well and, according to my doc, I should have a great outcome. That's good since the next step is a hysterectomy. After we got home I slept pretty well all day, my super stud husband took such great care of me and the boys and kept me medicated all day/night so my pain has been under control quite well. The nurse Julia quite emphatically told me I am not to pick up my kids or anything do anything slightly strenous since it could cause bleeding. That will likely be the worst part since I can't stand my house being messy and with all these boys it's inevitable. I loaded the dishwasher this am and regretted it almost immediately. I couldn't help it though. Thank goodness for my awesome Ryan! He knows how much it bugs me and is helping so much!

No comments: