Friday, April 2, 2010

CLEANLINESS IS NEXT TO GODLINESS

Anyone who knows me knows that I am incredibly anal about my home. I HATE living in clutter! It makes me feel completely frazzled and I don't cope well. I don't collect alot of stuff because I don't like to dust first of all but also I think because my mom does and it makes me claustrophobic to have stuff everywhere. For one thing, it's just stuff and it's not really important and another thing, I already have enough to do without more STUFF. Anyway, I was not feeling well for a couple of days and after my surgery/procedure next week I know I won't be then either. So today we CLEANED! I honestly think cleaning is somehow therapeutic for me, I know, I'm sick in the head, but it's nice (more than nice) to have a clean home. To walk in the kitchen and not stick to the floor because AJ spilled juice on it or step in the rice cakes that Levi dumped out and then stepped on and crunched into billions of tiny and irritating crumbs because it fascinated him. And honestly, the mess makes me feel chaotic, I feel like I can't relax and I guess if you picture a blank page and then picture a bunch of black scribbles on it... That is how I feel when my house is a mess. Once it's clean and my world is right again...AHHHH. Much better. I know I went a little overboard today with the walls and floorboards but AHHHHH... so much better. AND I can enjoy the weekend, Football tomorrow AM, conference all weekend and Easter, knowing my house is clean. It just feels good.

No comments: