Sunday, August 29, 2010

COWBOY UP

We are up early these days, feeding the horses before we eat and yesterday this is how AJ went outside. I had to laugh when I saw him walking toward the house from the barn for breakfast. Then he went right past me to see the horses and the only way he would stop and turn around for a pic was when Caleb posed with him. He reminds me of those old cowboy movies where the cowboys come out in their long johns and boots, all he's missing is a hat, but his hat has seen better days and we are waiting for the sale at D&B to buy him another one.
They have taken to the horses like old friends, no surprise there.
Neptune got stepped on this am for the first time and I'm pretty surprised he wasn't limping afterward. Both dogs get really upset when I'm in the corral with the horses and now they have found a gate they can go under so they do.
The boys, that's what I call them when I go see them, hey that's funny, I just realized that Jazz and I are still the only girls around. Anyway they are both very affectionate and come to the fence for some lovin' everytime they hear me. We looked at a couple of mares yesterday but decided against them and I was reminded again why I don't care for mares. I guess I'm happy being the queen bee around here. We are considering some angus heifers due to calve in spring but have more investigating to do first. Stay tuned for updates on that. Anyhow, that's what's happening around here these days.

No comments: