Saturday, August 21, 2010

SHOSHONE FALLS

BEWARE... LOTS OF PICS AHEAD. I wanted to work around the property. Ryan wanted to go to Shoshone Falls. I decided his was more important and since he obviously agreed, we went. I'm glad we did. We are heading into the canyon and see this long line of traffic but since we were stuck in this long line we had a chance to look around and the boys spotted a large group of bull elk on top of the ridge. I have learned that they are much better than I am at spotting the wildlife but anyway... My pic doesn't do it justice, they are huge and there were at least 10-15 of them. As we got farther we discovered the reason for this highly unusual sighting... an elk farm.














Anyhow, next we saw tons of waterfalls, little ones, big ones some with rainbows and tons of spray. It's well worth seeing.























We played in the water.

































The boys went crawdad fishing and caught more than they were expecting.













They found a snake, a frog (but he blends in quite well and I can't see him in the pic even though I know where he is), lots of small fish and lots of bugs. Their all day fave discovery/catch was the crawdad that R chased me around with.
All in all it was a great day! Lots of fun and some excellent time with R.

1 comment:

Bridgette said...

It is so pretty there! Love the waterfalls!