Sunday, November 21, 2010

HELLO WINTER!


We are into our third ID season so far.  COLD!  We woke up yesterday to real snow.  We've had some a couple of times before but the longest it had lasted was a few hours. 

We woke up to about 3 inches yesterday and it snowed for most of the day.  Then today it started up again and we've easily got 8 inches on the ground now.

The boys were and still are in heaven.  Thank goodness for all those trips to Flag and Greer that have allowed us to accumulate snow gear over time.  I remember as a kid wanting to go out to play and then being ready to come right back in within 10 minutes because I was freezing!  Thanks to bibs and real snow gloves and boots, these guys are out as soon as they get up, I have to make them come in for breakfast and they are back out and I have to make them come in for lunch. 


Jazz was a little unsure at first but quickly discovered she loves it!  She is happy outside all day with the boys, running up the hills and all over.  Neptune on the other hand, has outgrown his love of playing in the snow and is perfectly happy curled up in front of the fire with me.  I must say, I appreciate the beauty and serenity alot more from the windows upstairs but I love that the boys are having so much fun outside!

No comments: