Thursday, November 11, 2010

TORTURE

We have a  couple of great mousers that we acquired soon after moving here.  They  were both dumped and were still fairly young and we had seen a couple of mice and a vole in the pantry  plus several more in the pastures and garage so cats sounded good.  Unfortunately since I'm allergic to them they are strictly outside cats which I feel bad about sometimes, especially when they are sitting in the window staring into the house and it's freezing outside.  Anyway back to the mousers, they caught their first mouse the first day here and sealed the deal, they stay.  Since then we have seen drastically less mice, they even catch and eat small snakes.  A couple of times I've watched Tig play with his food before he kills it.  Today was the worst though.  We have a sunken area on our porch and he brought his mouse into that square and then sat up on the step and watched the poor thing run around and try to hide under the leaves then he would tap it.   At one point he even was sitting facing it and touched his nose to the mouses nose, the mouse bit at his nose, I'm not sure if he connected or not but I'd never seen anything like that before.  Poor fat mouse.  He finally killed it and then played with it some more, throwing it up into the air and catching it.    I'm no fan of mice but I did feel bad about it being tortured.

No comments: