Sunday, December 5, 2010

YUMMY!

Mine looked NOTHING like this but it didn't taste bad.  I'm not a fan of squash, in fact I generally can't stand it.  I'll choke it down to set a good example for the boys, especially lately since I'm really trying to get us to eat healthier and have been for the last 18 months and that means more veggies and fruits and grains and less meat.  That isn't really making R happy but he does want us to eat healthier so he is putting up an effort.  Anyway... Today I picked up the produce basket I was supposed to pick up yesterday but we were in Mountain Home buying horses for kids and since I can't be in 2 places at once... Anyway...in my basket was spaghetti squash besides all the stuff I was actually excited about and looking forward to eating.  I've never made it before but I've been told it tastes just like spaghetti so I figured I'd give it a shot.  It's pretty gross looking, I mixed the meat sauce up with it in some lame attempt to fool the boys.It didn't work. Levi and AJ didn't care and just dug in.  Jake and Caleb acted like I was trying to poison them.  R ate 2 helpings and I have to admit even though it didn't look appetizing, it tasted just like spaghetti, or at least spaghetti sauce so while they complained at first, even J and C finished theirs, probably mostly just to get their Christmas cookies though to be honest.  So I guess it was a success overall.

No comments: