Sunday, January 11, 2009

Another week come and gone

I missed church again this week. This time it wasn't because my kids were sick or because we were out of town. This time it was because my boys are all boy. Yesterday AJ was playing at the park with his brothers. I was in the front yard washing the truck and mom was over watching all of them while I did. She got busy with Levi for a second and in that second AJ does what he has done many times before at home on a smaller slide and rode his radio flyer down the slide. He hit the bottom and fell off, cried for a minute and got up so fast that in the 10 seconds it took to get to him, he was already up and going back down for another try. Fast forward to later in the evening a couple of hours and he is whiny and limping. Insert the music here, DUM DUM DUM DUMMMM. He kept saying his leg was broken but since Jake and Caleb say their arm/leg is broken evertime they get hurt I figured he was mimicing(is that spelled right?), anyway I didn't worry too much. I did the nurse thing and moved it and felt for swelling, heat, crepitus etc. None of the above. I gave him motrin and put him to bed. Fast forward to this morning. He has been crying all night everytime he moved or was moved and still limping this am so I took him to the emergency room. Let me just say, 4 kids in the ER on a Sunday morning is almost as painful as the $125 copay. Four xrays and 2.5 hours later, no break. I don't know if it's just a pulled muscle or deep bruise I can't see but after a hot bath soak tonight he was finally not crying everytime he moved it. Life with boys is never dull that's for sure. Thanks to my mom for helping me and especially for coming over today so that I could take a nap this afternoon. so this video is what they were doing but on a bigger slide. This weekends slide is half that size and not so steep.

No comments: