Friday, January 2, 2009

OUR NEW YEARS

Well New Years came and went. To be honest, I'm not all that excited about staying up to greet the new year. I'd just as soon greet it in the daylight. I'm much more excited about a good nights sleep and that seems to happen about as often as a new year frankly. That being said you can imagine how excited I was when Jake and Caleb informed me that they wanted to stay up and "cheers" for the new year. I had mostly put them off until New Years Eve when I couldn't avoid it any longer. Mom called and said that she would come over and toast with them, sparkling cider of course, so I agreed to let them stay up. Ryan of course was working and had no idea of the eve's events unfolding at home. Mom came over all right. Levi was asleep at normal bedtime. A "I no go bed, I no tired"J fell asleep finally at 10 on the couch in my arms wrapped up in his towel of course. This is my mom, asleep on the couch at 10:30. Although she swears she was not asleep, she slept right through me taking this picture, including the flash and through me talking to Ryan about her being asleep on the couch. She did however wake up at 11:45 to toast in the new year. So, I stayed up for the first New Year's toast since Jake was born. Mom promised to get up early with the boys so that I could sleep in but since Levi was up early as usual and she isn't who he wants I was still up early. At least the boys had fun.

2 comments:

Barnes Family said...

You are a better mom than me. I made my kids go to bed at 10:00.

Bon said...

Good to hear from you. So glad to see you are still going to church and married in the temple, and what cute kids, funny that we both have 4 boys, they are fun, I also enjoy my girl. Ya I have to go to church every week for the uplift, I feel a void if I miss also. That is funny about the new year, I like to stay up and we do a toast too, but right after the new year is here I am ready for bed, not more games and playing. Your family looks great. Take care, Bonnie