Saturday, March 14, 2009

I love Saturdays too!

The boys started Spring Break today, unless you ask Jake and then he started yesterday after he got out of school. Anyhow, we have lots of big plans so hopefully we'll have lots of good pics. So far I'm not doing so well since I'm so busy doing I forget to bring the camera or camcorder. Today we went to the St. Patricks Day parade in Phoenix. My crazy mom wore a lime green blazer, a lime green wig and a green velveteen hat with green earrings. The kids loved it and so did the parade goers who took lots of pics of her including one for the newspaper. She is such a goofball when it comes to holidays like this. The boys were up and dressed in green before the sun this morning and when we got to the parade they got big green hats. The highlight for AJ was the "horse of a different color". She is there every year and always green. I think it's really the only reason he wanted to go at all. After that we went to a BBQ with some friends at the White Tanks. LOVED IT!! We had so much fun. The boys ran until they couldn't have found any more dirt. Ryan took the three oldest on a hike and the boys, all of them, loved it. I stayed back with some of the moms and just sat, mostly. It was such a nice evening and the best part is Ryan got to go and have fun with us. The boys all fell asleep on the way home. I get the rest of the night with my husband all to myself. HOORAY!!!!!

1 comment:

Barnes Family said...

I remember you mom always LOVING holidays.