Tuesday, March 24, 2009

More Spring Break Goodies

I know I'm a little behind... Last week was crazy busy and pretty fun. We hung out with Joe and Victoria and hopefully helped a little bit more than not on Wednesday. We FINALLY left for our camping trip on Thursday. I couldn't wait and the boys were just as excited as I was. Poor Ryan didn't get to sleep in on Thursday despite my best intentions since Caleb got past me and woke him up to get going. My favorite quote was Caleb on Thursday morning, keep in mind he and AJ were up at 5:45, yes that's pre dawn. We are laying on the couch as I tried unsuccessfully to get them to go back to sleep, and the sun starts to come up, Caleb says to me, "Mom is this the crack of dawn?" "yes," I say. "Then why aren't we leaving yet?" he says. And at that he and AJ are up and getting dressed, Jake and Levi followed soon after. Oh well, who could blame them. We made pretty good time despite going through Phoenix and hitting construction. The campground was beautiful and the weather cooperated, it was pretty cold at night but thanks to my BFF and her awesome husband we had plenty of firewood to keep us warm and toast our smores. Many memories to keep me laughing and smiling for a long time. Thanks to Mel and fam for coming on this adventure with us, as always, it was a blast for all of us. Thanks to Lyle for the Elk roast and fixins from the dutch oven, I'm not sure which was my fave, the cobblers or the dinner, seriously. We made it home on Saturday, after Caleb cried because he didn't want to leave, he is like his dad, "a toasted marshmellow (crusty on the outside and gooey on the inside). Now I'm peeling, proof to Ryan that sometimes, maybe only twice in 9 years, but sometimes I do burn. I did manage to get AJ's jeans clean, miracle of miracles, my tub on the other hand will be harder, I think we may have left some dirt in the forest but you wouldn't know it to look at the boys, their clothes and after baths, my tub. The kids are back to school and we are back to the grind but we'll go back and I can't wait!!! I can't get my pics to post but I'll try later.

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

We really really need to go camping together! I like the stick em up picture of your boys! Actually I love all of their pics cuz they are so darn cute!