Tuesday, March 17, 2009

SPRING BREAK START!!

Yesterday I took my boys, along with 2 friends and 8 other kiddos for an adventure. We got ALOT of funny looks as we walked down the street to the light rail stop but who cares what other people think. My husband thinks I'm crazy or glutton for punishment but he doesn't understand punishment until he is stuck in a house with 4 stir crazy and bored kids all day with all of them either picking fights for something to do OR getting into some other mischief OR complaining about being bored. This was a cakewalk compared to that and besides it was fun, mostly. So our adventure started out riding the light rail to the Heard Museum. We wandered the museum for awhile and then the light rail back to our trucks and then to a park for a picnic lunch. It was a perfect 75 degree sunny day with a slight breeze and almost no arguing the entire day. Who could ask for more? After that I exchanged Ryan's new CTR ring, I got the wrong size, then off to Dr. B for, you guessed it, two kids with ear infections and still more antibiotics and a referral to another ENT for more tubes for AJ, his third set. Levi won't be far behind if he follows the pattern set down by his brothers. Then to Dr Davis to get adjusted and then to Sams much to Ryan's dismay. He thinks I did too much already but the dogs need food you know?! Last to Fry's to drop off prescriptions. It was a very long day but all in all... After all of that, on the way home I asked the boys if they had a good day and still they all said yes. Above are some pics we took on the first half, the funner half, of our adventure. Today we did some visiting teaching but mostly, rested and packed for our camping trip. Have I mentioned that I CAN'T WAIT!!!! I think the boys are at least as excited as I am. Hopefully, Ryan will be able to get his homework done so that he can come up with us and not have to bring a second truck. What kind of teacher gives homework over spring break? They obviously don't understand the concept of a break and if anyone deserves one it's my husband. Anyway, so far I'm not doing too bad at keeping my resolution of making happy memories but the year is still young, I have to keep it up! Oh yeah, HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY.

No comments: