Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Birthday AJ



I know I'm late but Happy Birthday to AJ!! He turned 3 on the 3rd of May and we had a very small get together for him on Friday. He wanted a cowboy party and since he is always wearing his boots I figure that is fitting. All week that week he was listing the people he was inviting, I think that is pretty funny for a 3 year old. He was so excited and all day on Friday he was singing to himself happy birthday. So.. some friends came over and we grilled carne asada, YUM and sang it to him twice since he loved it so much. The funniest part is the first time he helped and kept chiming in Cha cha cha, which Caleb and Jake taught him. I made this pull apart cowboy hat cake and since it was my first attempt, I'm pretty pleased with it. It was also delicious which makes it even better except when I'm trying to avoid temptation. AJ loved it and that's really all that matters. I've never seen any kid smile so big. It was awesome.

1 comment:

Barnes Family said...

The cake turned out so good. Sorry I missed the party.