Monday, May 4, 2009

Runaway

I remember "running away" most every morning when I was little in protest of the daily oatmeal breakfast that I despised. Can you blame me, what kid wants to eat plain oatmeal everyday? Anyway, today AJ got mad that I wasn't making the pasta salad for dinner that he asked for, as I was putting taco salad fixins on the table for dinner mind you. Never the less, he informed he was running away and he walked out the front door. He meandered his way onto the sidewalk and I went outside to clarify. He restated, he was running away to Texas. I said maybe you should have dinner first, it's a long way to Texas, no he said to me. I said well at least tell your dad goodbye, he'll miss you when your gone. Okay he says, so he came into the house to tell Ryan goodbye. Then he decided to stay for dinner after all, at his big brothers urging since it is quite a long way to Texas they reinforced and he might get tired and hungry. Caleb reminded him he would be far from me but he wasn't all that concerned about that and said I could drive him to Texas. Then he asked me to blow off his rice since it was too hot. I said well I think you should practice since after you run away I won't be there to do that for you. He pondered that for a minute and then decided not to run away after all. Smart kid.

1 comment:

Bon said...

That is so cute, aren't kids the cutest. I remember running away as a kid, one time I packed up my toy kitchena nd moved all my stuff to the front porch, that was me running away, lol