Sunday, June 21, 2009

NIFTY FIFTIES FUN!!!

Have I mentioned how much I love our ward? Just in case I haven't... It's the best ward EVER!! Last night we had a 50's dinner at the diner complete with a classic car show in the parking lot. Our boys dressed the part. Aren't they awesome? The entertainment was stellar. I'm not sure what was my favorite part of the evening, they were all so good, the girl group singing "You Don't Own Me", the swing dancers or April and Amy with their husbands singing "I Need a Man". I think it was probably the hula hoop contests. The Bishop, Brother Proctor and and Brother Lindsay were awesome. Caleb was also in a hula hoop contest. When he was finished I said, "Caleb I didn't know you could do that!" He said, "I couldn't!" His grin was awesome to see. I love his smile. All the entertainment was so great, as you can tell by Levi's, AJ's and Jake's rapt attention. I love our ward. I love our town. Where else do you get tractors at a classic car show? Where else do you get horses riding down the street in front of the church afterwards? The food was great, the party was great for kids and adults, the cars were awesome. We all had so much fun, we stayed up way past the boys bedtime but when we left I asked if they all had fun and got a unanimous YES from the back seat.

1 comment:

Watson Family said...

What a fun ward activity- makes me extra sad we missed it! You've got the funnest boys around. Happy Summer!