Thursday, June 3, 2010

CATCHING UP

Wow, it has been a LONG time since I've blogged. I'm a slacker but in my defense I've been so busy. At the same time I can't think of anything exciting to blog about. But... since this is serving as my journal, I'll ramble a bit. Let's see, the ward boundary change... it hurt for a bit, mostly because I felt like half of my family moved away or something, but it didn't so after a day or so, I'm okay again. We have another awesome new bishop and again my faith is bouyed because I know the Lord hand picked a great man and counselors too I should add. The Gila Valley temple dedication was awesome, especially since it was my first and Jake's first too. I'm excited for the next two, Gilbert and North Phoenix that I'm certain Caleb will be able to go to also. We bought a 1/2 side of beef from the Browns, melts in my mouth it's so good! Partly because of this Ryan agreed that we need land so that we can start raising our own beef and pork and get a milk cow and some chickens, so we've been praying to be able to find someplace where we can be more self sufficient. Then out of the blue he got a call from a job he applied for some time ago in ID, we'll see what happens there. If that's where the Lord wants us, it'll all work out. We had pretty much settled on staying here and it's funny since I never pictured us staying here but the longer we're here, the more I love it. We've definitely put down some roots and it will hurt to pull them up, if we do. Jake and Caleb started swim team again for the summer which makes the weeks a bit crazy, practice 4 days a week now and meets on Thursday. Their first meet was today, and they did ok but weren't too happy with their placings. I guess that's plenty for now. Rambling like I said.

1 comment:

Kelly and Megan said...

Sounds like you are keeping busy. The new changes around there must be exciting. And to answer your question, yes, Murray is real close to us. Who is it with?