Tuesday, June 8, 2010

WHAT A WEEKEND

What can I say, life with 4 boys is never dull. On Saturday night Caleb shaved a stripe straight down the middle of his head, "on accident". You'd think he would be old enough to know better but... it's no worse than the swirley he gave himself and 2 younger brothers after watching Alvin and The Chipmunks, the Squeakuel. So bright and early on Sunday morning before church I had to shave his head and since I didn't use my razor but the clippers, you can still see the stripe. I called him stripe all day Sunday but he got mad so I quit. Maybe this time it'll sink in since obviously it didn't the first time he did it. As if that wasn't enough... just a few hours later as we are sitting listening to the announcements in Sacrament meeting, Levi stuck his quarter he was holding to pay his tithe, into his mouth and swallowed it. Then he started choking. Since we were sitting in the VERY front row, right behind the priesthood, I had to run/walk past everyone to get out and help him with him squeaking and choking the whole way. Thankfully, it's not that big of a chapel. Once in the foyer I tipped him upside down and after what seemed like a long time but in reality was likely only another second or two, it popped out and rolled under the couch. Way too much excitement for a Sunday morning. Once we got back into the chapel, after he and I calmed down, I put the quarter in my purse and he started yelling at me because I wouldn't give it back to him. KIDS! I swear. It got better from there thankfully. AJ asked me about having a testimony and I'm super excited that we had a quick but awesome lesson about what a testimony is and how you get your own. I love it when that happens. Sunday night I realized that Jake still hadn't finished his solar system project so with some stern words and a bit of helping to color the background, it was finally finished and looks awesome! I'm so proud of him for doing 99% of it on his own including the planning and of course the research. So like I said, an eventful weekend. And now back to the routine. What a great life!

1 comment:

The Karafa Family said...

OH no...I feel so mean! I saw Caleb and said "hey buddy, I like your haircut. I bet it makes you faster in swimming" and now I realize how mean it must have been! I saw you run down the aisle and knew he must be choking. I also knew you would have it handles. You are a great Mom!