Sunday, June 20, 2010

WONDERFUL WEEKEND

On Friday R took the boys to the Father and Sons campout. I think it was so cool that it fell on Fathers Day weekend this year. He planned to take them all but settled for the older 3, I wanted him to enjoy it and go back next year. Levi wasn't quite ready even though he thought he was and kept promising to behave if R took him. They had a great time and came back very dirty with lots of stories of roasting hot dogs and "giant marshmellows" and R's "awesome" dutch oven cobbler. My fave story was AJ's most important ( to him) accomplishment... He "pooped on the back of a log". R sent me a pic of the event but I decided against sharing it. I probably will print it out though because AJ's cheesy grin is priceless, I'll save it for future extortion needs. While they were gone I got to go to the temple. It was such a great experience and definitely refilled my spiritual well. Today was my first Sunday doing Presidency stuff since last week I still needed to teach my class. I felt like a fish out of water. I haven't been in senior primary since Levi was born and of course it's a completely different group of kids. I'm pretty pleased, I knew most of the kids by name or at least last name. I'm so grateful for this new opportunity and the blessings it has already brought to my family!!!!

2 comments:

Shantil said...

You will be wonderful in Primary! You are patient and friendly. The kids will enjoy your down-to-earth personality, too. You say it like it is--the way boys need it anyway.

Kimmie said...

Congrats on your new calling!!!1 You will love it, and you will be SOOO great at it!
Congrats to A.J. too for pooping on the log! I agree that it's a big accomplishment! It's rough going #2 in the woods! Way to go buddy!