Friday, June 18, 2010

HUMBLED

As if my children don't humble me enough... I got a new calling on Sunday. It came as quite a shock. Our new ward is just getting up and going but we hit the ground running, what else can you do, the gospel keeps rolling forward you know. Anyhow on Sunday I got a call while getting ready for church, can you come in a bit early? Sure. I figured they were just going to call me back to my old calling in Sunbeams. Wrong. First counselor in the Primary. WOW! Very humbled. I'm blessed to be in the presidency with some awesome women and I'm already growing to love them more, some I didn't know well before. I'm pleasantly surprised to feel a definite change in our home since being set apart. And in myself. The Lord has definitely tempered my spirit and it's much more peaceful here. I see it in my kids too. There has been less fighting and more kindness and helpfulness. And it hasn't even been a week, it can only get better from here. I'm so thankful for this opportunity to serve and learn. I can already see that I'll be the most blessed for my service.

3 comments:

Amber Miskin said...

Congratulations Jen! I'm sure you'll be a great addition to the presidency!

Darice said...

You will be SO awesome! When I called Lacey and asked her about all the changes, I was so excited that you were in the Presidency! Many blessings will come to you, but to be sure-the children are so blessed to have you teaching them and watching over them! TRULY!!

Bridgette said...

You will be awesome in that calling. I am excited for you! As much as these "heavier" callings are scary, isn't it kindof neat to have the opportunity to be better & grow? I'm scared about my inadequacies (sp?), but so excited to hopefully come out better & wiser in the end! I hope you love it!