Thursday, February 5, 2009

ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE

On Saturday I decided the boys and I should get out so that Ryan could sleep after a long night of work. Besides I knew that he had homework to do and wouldn't be able to get it done with 4 boys running around and climbing on him. They are so excited when he is home and want to tell him everything they have been doing and climb on him and wrestle and he wouldn't be able to get anything done. Anyhow, we went out early. First we went to the Young Women's fund raiser yard sale for girls camp. I got some great bargains and the boys had fun, they love yard sales too. When we left it was still early so I called my BFF Melanie and she was planning a picnic at the park so we decided that sounded fun and thankfully, she didn't mind us tagging along. We had so much fun, they boys played non stop and ate a little. I got to talk to Mel and Lyle and soak up the perfect weather. Before we left we went to feed the chickens and peacocks. We ended up feeding more pigeons than anything else, big surprise there. The boys, mine and Mel's had fun and I'm glad I thought to bring my stale hot dog buns. Levi had a great time chasing the pigeons and if a face could really freeze, his and AJ's would have the biggest smiles ever from that day. Jake and Caleb and I used to do that often but AJ and Levi hadn't done it before, I guess I slacked off. They had so much fun and it was free!!! Definitely won't forget to do that again in the near future. Jake got an assignment from Scouts. He is supposed to write about his favorite place. He picked Saguaro Ranch Park. Isn't that funny, we've been to Greer, Flagstaff, Jerome, The Tetons, Yellowstone and camping countless places not to mention the ocean and Utah, you get the idea. So many far away places and he picks a park that we can do in a day trip. There's a lesson I need to learn. Far away and expensive, no better than close and free!!! Aren't kids great for keeping us humble and teaching us the really important things in life? Have I mentioned I really LOVE MY KIDS!!! By the way, the extra kid in the pic belongs to my BFF Melanie, her middle boy, Jared. He looks like he could be one of mine ehh?

No comments: