Monday, February 2, 2009

What a life!

I have a great life!!! It's not perfect but what is? I have an awesome husband, a fab family, great friends and more blessings than I could name. Ryan is frickin' awesome. He works so hard to take care of us and he never quits. He is back in school again and pushing himself so hard that I get upset with him and wish he would slow down and take less classes. He won't and I finally can see it from his perspective so I am more understanding. He just wants to get it done so he can make more money and be home more and work less. Sounds like a no brainer but it wasn't for me. A few weeks ago we had ward conference. Both speakers spoke on keeping the sabbath holy. One thing mentioned and was that if you need to work on Sunday the Lord understands but if you don't... Another was a hint about not watching sports on TV on the Sabbath and how it drives the spirit away. I thought it was funny that every wife in the congregation looked at her husband. To me it was simple to obey but I certainly wasn't going to force Ryan or argue about it. We left the church that day and Ryan said he was going to miss the game that day, it was the NFC championship game, the Cardinals won!!! I was so proud of him. He never wavered even though we all wanted to watch the game. We also wanted to watch the Super Bowl but we knew it wasn't as important as keeping the commandment to honor the Sabbath. I recorded it and we watched it first thing this morning. Everytime someone called Ryan answered with, "don't talk about the game, we haven't seen it yet." We took the boys out of school early today so we could watch it and have our own superbowl party complete with pizza, chips and dips and brats and soda and cupcakes. WHAT A GAME!!!! But that's another post altogether. Anyway, Ryan is always trying to be the best he can be. He is never satisfied with a half effort from himself or anyone else and is constantly pushing and helping others to be their best. He is also so generous. I have to admit, sometimes I worry that he is too generous especially when we are barely making our bills but somehow, me do make them and we are better people for sharing our blessings. He sets such a good example for our sons and they love him so much. They are so wonderful too. They make me laugh and we have so much fun. I don't know if the constant activity of having 4 sons is keeping me young or wearing me out and making me old sooner but it's still fun and I wouldn't trade it for all the money or time or sleep in the world. Like I said WHAT A LIFE!!! I love it and I'm grateful for everyday I get to live it and share it with the people I love.

3 comments:

Risa said...

That was truly inspirational. I count your friendship as a blessing in my life as well.

Kimmie said...

You guys are AWESOME!!!! That's so cool to have your own Superbowl party the next day! What a great idea, and what a great example!

Bon said...

That is so awesome Jen, I am also blessed to have a great husband, he isn't into sports so we don't have that problem, but isn''t it nice to have someone with the same goals and a great example for the kids. As I speak my husband is on his way to a Bishop training meeting an hour away, he is the first counselor and bishop is out of town, so he had to go but they like the whole bishopric there anyway. thanks for sharing, so glad you ahve a great life, I love mine too, a house full of kids is so wonderful, 4 bouncing off the wall crazy boys and one princess.