Monday, February 8, 2010

FAITH AND FASTING

I had the blessed opportunity to fast last week for a family friend's son undergoing major surgery this past week so yesterday (Fast Sunday) I got up and made a large breakfast and as I sat down to bless it I remembered that yesterday was in fact fast Sunday. DOH!!! I was so looking forward to the breakfast I had prepared and so I sat at the table watching my kids dig in, Ryan was asleep already, I came up with about 4 reasons why I didn't have to fast, again. Then I realized that I could make excuses but they were just that, excuses and I knew and I knew the Lord knew it so... I wrapped up my eagerly anticipated breakfast for Ryan to take to work last night and went to pray since "fasting without prayer is just going hungry." I did have a pressing issue after all. We've been praying to know the Lord's place for us to serve and although I felt I had gotten an answer, it wasn't the one I was expecting and I was confused since it seemed to go against other expectations, mainly me staying at home with our kids full time. I have talked to a couple of VERY close friends lately and like often happens, the Lord had been answering my prayers through them and I kind of knew it and felt a little better and more sure but still hesitant. So as I pondered and prayed and searched yesterday, I read a few things that reinforced not only the answer I had received but also the experiences my friends had related. I am so thankful for the inspiration to fast yesterday and that I actually followed the prompting and then as the Lord promised, I got the confirmation and peace I was looking for. Now I feel much better and I know the Lord will make all of our righteous efforts to be for good. He will protect my family and sustain us and everything will be ok. The hurdles in front of us will be removed or we will be able to overcome them. Everything will be ok.

1 comment:

Barnes Family said...

You better be calling me soon with your decision. (j/k) I'm glad that you finally got an answer. I hope our talk helped. If you stay here GREAT! If you must leave again it will just be one more place for me to visit. Love ya!