Saturday, February 20, 2010

THE MAN IN CHARGE

I remember many years ago a friend of mine telling me a story about the beginning of her marriage, don't worry it's not gross or sappy really but today I've been thinking about it alot. She was talking about how they were trying to save money and everytime they felt like they were making progress some large expenditure would come and wipe out their savings. The lesson she learned was that everytime they started thinking they could do it on their own, ie they were getting a comfortable cushion, they would get taken down a couple of pegs until they realized they really had to depend on the Lord, no matter how much savings they had. Ryan and I have been trying to cut costs, right now we are deliberating on eliminating the cable and phone completely so if you have any opinion, feel free to share. We are trying to save and pay off our school loans and get a cushion so that if need be, we can move. It seems like everytime we get just a little money in our savings, we need to spend it. This time it was new batteries in the truck and a new fuel filter. It's amazing how expensive batteries for a truck are! It's not that I've ever thought we could do it on our own but I guess this is just his way of reminding us who is really in charge. I suppose if somehow we actually do end up moving... that's looking like a bigger and bigger IF these days, it's going to be pretty obvious who made it happen.

1 comment:

bonnie said...

I know what you mean Jennifer, I feel the same way. We just got our tax return and I am feeling good, but wondering if it will stay, I hope so, I like having a cushion too. Good luck "HE" will help you, he wants you out of debt and happy too.