Thursday, July 29, 2010

AMEN!


Anyone who knows me knows what I think of the whole Atkins fad, in case I haven't told you... Adkins is stupid!!! It's dangerous and not at all healthy. I don't care if you lose weight doing it, you can lose even more weight starving, or bingeing and purging. If you want to know the right way to eat, consult the word of wisdom for the best direction available. Anyway on a recent trip I was waiting for a prescription, again, and noticed this book under the counter. I love it! I didn't buy the book, I haven't ever had a problem eating carbs, or anything else for that matter, but I had to share it. I think it's disturbing that so many people followed this man, who is dead of a heart attack at 45 by the way, some healthy lifestyle. If you don't believe me, check out the Harvard study that showed that people on a high protein/low carb diet had almost immediately dangerous levels of cholesterol and triglycerides and exponentially increased risk of heart attack in less than 6 and sometimes 3 months. Scary! Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice.

1 comment:

Tami G. said...

Cute blog, Jen. You're a really good writer - and funny, as always. I don't know why I've never been on here before, but I figured this is all I've got left of you now, so we're officially connected! Oh, and I totally agree about Atkins.