Friday, July 23, 2010

HE'S GOT PERSONALITY

I took the burb to get the alignment done today and while we waited we went to Taco Bell, across the parking lot, for some lunch since I realized I had been so busy since I got up that I hadn't eaten yet today and it was after 1. Anyhow I got AJ and Levi taco supremes and AJ started complaining about it having tomatoes. Our conversation went like this
Mom, " you need to eat the tomatoes to be strong."
AJ, " I don't want to be strong."
Mom, "oh."
AJ, " I'm just going to be a big man."
Mom, " Big men eat their tomatoes."
AJ, "this one doesn't"

At this point the 10 people also eating there busted up laughing. I'm glad we provided them some humor. Anyone who knows me knows I don't give up easily so later when AJ asked why the high chair he insisted on sitting in had a step on it I said it's for little boys who aren't strong enough or big enough to climb up because they don't eat their tomatoes. He gave me a withering stare that I don't think a four year old should possess. He didn't even acknowledge my effort verbally, his look said it all. Needless to say, he picked off all but 2 tomatoes. I still won though because later when he wanted his candy he got rejected since he didn't eat his tomatoes. His retort, I ate 2 of them. I'm fairly certain I'm in trouble with this kid.

No comments: