Friday, July 16, 2010

WATCH OUT IDAHO HERE WE COME

All of my adult life, as long as I can remember in fact I've hated living in this valley. It's ugly(in my humble opinion), hot, the people are rude, the traffic is terrible etc etc etc. Then we moved to Buckeye. Over the last year, mostly, I've come to appreciate the beauty of this area. The mountains, well what we call mountains here, the wildflowers(actually I've always loved those), the sunsets( I've always loved those too). Our ward is AWESOME, the boys are in a GREAT school, we have INCREDIBLE friends and the list could keep going. So when the opportunity came to move out of here we went for it, almost out of habit, we've always planned to live somewhere green and small eventually. Then we started to think about it and realized we'd be happy to stay also, not sure when that happened but like I said...So now that we love it here, we are moving to Idaho in 3 weeks. Ryan was offered a job and we've prayed ALOT and decided to accept it. Actually he was offered 2 jobs. I wanted the one is Springerville and thought that was where we should be, Ryan wasn't so sure. He really thought ID made more sense for alot of reasons, primarily stability and financial ones. It took some doing and ALOT more prayer and now I can support him, not to say that I'm happy to be leaving everything I've known and my mom so far behind, but...I've been preparing for it, packing, selling furniture that won't fit in a moving truck, house hunting, etc but until today it didn't seem real. I don't know why but all of a sudden today it hit me... all of the wonderful people I probably won't ever see again. That's really the only thing I'm upset about. My heart is hurting and I'm trying really hard to keep from crying and be cheerful about it for my family's sake, if the kids see me upset they will be scared and upset even more. Now they are in bed and R is at work and tears are streaming. I REALLY LOVE IT HERE. I'm no fan of the heat but who is honestly especially the last couple of days 115 degrees, come on! Maybe the Lord is doing that to make it easier for me move, I doubt it but it's a nice thought. This is really going to be hard but it'll work out right?!

2 comments:

JP said...

I felt the same way when I left Las Vegas to come here. Not wanting to leave family and really good friends. I cried for about 3 days.One day the thought came to me that perhaps Heavenly Father was sending me somewhere even better than where I was. Maybe there are really good people and friends to be had where we were going. Maybe my kids would meet the best friends they could ever have. That gave me a little hope and comfort. It takes a lot of trust and faith. You'll do great things there.
-Jeanette

Bon said...

I know too well how you are feeling, and good to be positive in front of the kids, it is scary for them too. It is hard but amazing how the Lord works, you're a strong lady and the people in ID will be blessed to have you there.