Tuesday, September 7, 2010

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL... FINALLY!

Last year the boys had a long summer since we switched to Odyssey, a great decision, but this summer I figured would be normal since we intended on staying put, having loved Odyssey so much.  Obviously that didn't happen and one of the things I was worried about moving up here was getting here either right after school started or the day before or something.  Well that didn't happen since they started unusually late in the entire area this year.  So... today was the first day of school AND the first time I have ever let my kids ride the school bus to and from school.  There was no way it was going to happen at Sundance because I didn't want them riding with such older kids and being exposed to all the garbage that goes on there.  I would have at Odyssey because their standards are so much higher and I would have expected that to carry over to the bus, just like the low standards at Sundance did, unfortunately it wasn't available.  Jake and Caleb have always wanted to ride the bus so when they found out they could here, they were ecstatic.  This morning we got up and had the normal hot breakfast that I always make on school days, it really does make a difference, R came home from work early to give them father's blessings before school and then walked them down to the end of our driveway, which is 1/4 mile long, after you go through the gates to the road to wait for the bus.  At the end of the day I was there to meet them, and of course Neptune and Jazz had to go also.  I asked the usual, how was your day, what was your fave part/thing about the day etc. then asked if riding the bus was as cool as they thought it would be... NO.  Poor guys.  Still the day was a good one and they'll keep riding the bus, at least they don't hate it, yet.  We'll see how they feel when it's still dark out and cold.  As usual, I was too busy this morning to get any pics but I'll try tomorrow, a second day pic is better than no pic right?  Anyway, with them at school, I got into my groove and everything is back to normal again, just in a new place with a couple of huge changes.

1 comment:

Barnes Family said...

The bus is never as fun as you think it will be. Hope they had a good first day.