Saturday, September 11, 2010

OUCH!!!!

Today I took off my wedding ring for the first time in 10 years, not by choice, it was that or the finger.  I got my engagement ring off but of the two I would rather replace the diamond, pretty good excuse for an upgrade don't you think?   I went riding with a friend today, sort of.  We trailered the horses accross the canyon and long story short...instead of riding we loaded them back up and took me home where R was waiting to take me to the ER. 3 x rays and a cast later I have 1 nicely broken finger, 2 more pretty swollen that I thought for sure were broken and I still can't move and 30, well 28 now, Norco(vicodin) and what I'm sure will be an expensive bill.  I set my finger myself when it happened, it was pointing sideways, and apparently did a pretty good job or so they said.  It made an interesting crunching sound but I'm glad I did it then since it would no doubt have hurt worse later the pics turned out pretty well don't ya think?  At least it's my left hand so I can still do alot, just alot slower.  Not the way I intended to meet the ER staff, oh well.

1 comment:

Bridgette said...

Oh my heck! That looks awful. Don't you wish you'd gotten a shot before setting the finger? :-)
I hope it heals quick...and that the bill isn't too bad. Miss you!