Wednesday, September 8, 2010

WOO HOO! POISON IVY!

OK so I just got a call from a new friend and... wait first let me tell you that last week her husband and R took our kids and their son crawdad fishing while I went for a ride.  A nice hike into the canyon to a perfect spot.  All the boys came home dirty and excited and saying they had a blast.  Fast forward to tonight... Her son has a whopping case of poison ivy and can't even go to school, he has oozing blisters and crazy itching and pain all over most of his right side and some of his left... THE POOR GUY!!!!  She called to see if any of our boys had any... Caleb has a rash on his bum but my kids are all prone to dry skin so I assumed it was that, it looks like that, sort of...  I told him to put lotion on it and haven't heard about it since, that was 2 nights ago.  Go look at it tonight after I get off the phone and it looks pretty much the same.  You would think it would be on his arms (he was wearing jeans and hiking boots) or that the little ones would have it too right?  No rashes on anyone else or anywhere else soooo... I'm thinking MAYBE we dodged the bullet on that one, maybe.  I'm hoping anyway.  I can't imagine he would have squatted in it, peed yes but squat?  I don't think so and that's the only way I can see it getting on his bum and nowhere else.

No comments: