Thursday, March 4, 2010

ALL BOY

When Ryan and I were first married one of the things I loved about him was that at every family function he was always playing with the kids. He was always on the bottom of the pile of A giggling wrestling mass. After our kids were born and life got harder and more stressful it didn't happen so much anymore which was kind of sad in a way for me because some of my best and favorite memories growing up were wrestling on the floor with my brother and mom. The last 6 months, maybe more, I've started seeing the old Ryan I fell in love with. I still love him. AJ today reminded me how much they love him too and love wrestling with him when he came up to me tonight before dinner and asked if dad would wrestle with him ( he couldn't since he was in the shower) and since Ryan couldn't asked if I would wrestle with him. I guess boys really do need that rough play... Anyway then tonight Ryan went into work late so that Jake could go to football practice since we are down to one vehicle right now. Practice was cancelled, after we got there, because coach hurt his back but he handed out some plays to work on at home. My superstar hubby stayed at the park and ran through plays with Jake and Caleb. Within minutes he was surrounded by other kids asking to play too, and of course he included them and AJ. He ran around with them and threw to them and just had a great time. I'm not sure who had more fun, him or the kids, but I'm so grateful for him and the great man/father he is.

1 comment:

Shantil said...

You are so right! Boys really do need to wrestle, kind of in the way women need chocolate or small talk?
That's neat Ryan would play with so many kids--bet they absolutely loved it!