Monday, March 1, 2010

JOURNALING

If you were in our ward's Sacrament Meeting yesterday you heard Sister Lewis speak on the importance of journaling not just for our own benefit but also the benefit of our posterity and others. She also mentioned that we will be held accountable for the record we keep and the lessons we could have taught/learned with that record. That is pretty heavy and of course I got to thinking that I obviously haven't been keeping a very good record so I'm recommitting to do better. She also reminded us to represent ourselves truthfully and not try to "whitewash" ourselves. I'd like to think I'm pretty good about that since I frequently share my most embarrassing and unflattering moments, never the less, I can do and will try to do better. I also got to thinking that I should document our Saturday night.
I am so thankful for good friends, of which I am blessed with many. Four of which I was blessed to spend Saturday evening with in the temple and afterwards, dinner. Tisha, thanks for thinking of going and getting the ASL screen for the session, I felt the spirit so much stronger than I can ever remember, I think because I was focusing so hard on the sign language and what was being said. Joyce and Andy, thanks for driving all of us and especially Andy, thanks for saving us from that accident on the way there, that would have ruined the evening. During that session I felt the most love for my incredible husband that I have ever felt. I love him so much and that feeling and the feeling of the spirit testified to me how great our marriage is and how blessed I am to be married to him. I have to admit though that looking at some of the younger men in there made me jealous. I was jealous that I didn't know Ryan when we were 19 or 20 and I wish I had, I'm certain I would have seen then how truly wonderful he is, I could have enjoyed him that much longer. I'm just grateful to have him now and for the last 10 years.

No comments: