Wednesday, March 10, 2010

BLESSINGS OF PAYING TITHING FIRST


I have to admit that it's not been hard for me to pay our tithe first. It's the very first check I write when Ryan gets paid. A couple of weeks ago I was driving home from church and started thinking about it and sort of marveling that it wasn't hard and wondering why some people struggle with it. I started thinking about just how much we pay every month and that of course led to what I could be spending that money on, a new truck, a bigger house, new clothes etc. and I thought wow that really is alot of money... of course that is why some people struggle with it. We could easily stop paying our tithe and spend the money elsewhere but of course it would never be enough. All the blessings we would lose could NEVER cover the money kept. Since my little conversation in my head that has been reinforced over and over again. I thought today about all of the tithing blessings we have received in just the last month. We thought the car needed new brakes, took it in, nope, cost $56 for adjustment instead of $200 for new brakes. We knew the truck would need new brakes. Heavy Duty is generally more expensive, ouch, figure $400-$500. Walked away under $270. Truck started pulling hard left. Back to get it looked at, covered under brake warranty. FREE! Truck started having fuel problems. Ouch, expect $1200 for new injector worst case plus labor. Problem covered under warranty at Jones from previous work done, FREE! Steering column broken by previous owner, best estimate $300 to rebuild as Ford doesn't make the part anymore. Fabulous mechanic/friend got it fixed for $100! AJ locked us out of our own bedroom last night at 4:55 pm. Someone thought it would be a good idea to put a keyed lock on the master suite, not us btw. After hours locksmith, figured over $100. Back into our bedroom for $75, still alot of money for 10 minutes work but not as bad as it could have been. I could go on and on and on but you get the drift. Not that I needed reminding or reinforcing but I sure am grateful for the blessings of paying a full tithe without pausing. We'll probably never be wealthy and that's ok. Somehow, Ryan's pay has been enough and he has been able to keep his job amidst layoffs and for these and so many more blessings we are grateful!

No comments: