Monday, March 15, 2010

HUMILITY

I've recently decided the Lord made children so difficult to raise to keep us humble. There is nothing I'll ever do that will be more important than doing a good job with our boys and the enormity of it is weighing on me daily. Add that to the fact that most of the time I feel completely inadequate and it is definitely keeping me humble. Pretty much any other job in the world you can practice and get better at, and maybe that is so for parenting but so far, I'm seriously doubting it. As soon as you feel like you have a good handle on one thing, it changes and something new is the problem. The situations are endless, the boys are constantly changing and to make matters more difficult, they are, I'm certain, smarter than me AND they team up against us. They aren't malicious, thank goodness, just mischievious! They have a never ending supply of energy and questions and I am completely outnumbered. Thank goodness that they are such good boys, even if they really do enjoy driving me crazy. Life with 4 boys is never boring, always busy and often exasperating but definitely an adventure and well worth the heartache, worry and loss of sleep/complete exhaustion.

No comments: